Manage Your Symptoms & Live Longer
We want you to feel and function your best.
At Sanford Health, we provide support and rehabilitation for our heart patients in a variety of formats:
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Heart failure program
- Anticoagulation clinic
- Pacemaker/device clinic
- Heart valve clinic
More information about each program is available below.
What is cardiac rehabilitation?
Cardiac rehabilitation is a program to help people who have heart disease. People in this program may have had a heart attack or heart surgery.
Your health care provider oversees your cardiac rehab. The program is designed to improve heart recovery and prepare you for future daily activities.
Cardiac rehab can often help you get better at your daily tasks. It may ease your symptoms and give you a sense of well-being.
Who does cardiac rehab help?
Cardiac rehab may help you if you have certain heart conditions or if you’ve had certain heart procedures. These include:
- Stable angina
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) surgery, or bypass surgery
- Heart valve repair or replacement
- Heart or heart-lung transplant
- Angioplasty with or without a stent
- Peripheral artery disease
The cardiac rehab program
Your cardiac rehab program is designed to meet your needs. Your program may last from six weeks to more than a year.
The goal of cardiac rehab is to help ease your symptoms and make your heart as healthy as possible. Your program may include:
- Exercise. This makes you more fit, and helps your heart work better.
- Classes to help you change your lifestyle and habits. For example, your doctor may prescribe classes and support to help you quit smoking. Or you may take a nutrition class to learn how to eat better.
- Stress management. You will learn how to manage stress to lower your anxiety.
- Counseling. This will help you learn about your specific condition and how to live with it.
- Occupational therapy. This is to help you get ready to go back to work or to manage normal activities of daily living.
Sanford Health News
Classes & Events
Thu 06/20/19 4:30 PM - Thu 06/20/19 6:00 PM
Sanford Health Neilson Place
Thu 06/20/19 8:30 AM - Thu 06/20/19 2:30 PM
Sanford Stevens Center