Meet Your Complete Cancer Care Team
Your Sanford Cancer Center oncology team specializes in diagnosing, treating and caring for you from detection to survivorship.
You can expect:
- Visits, treatment, monitoring, lab testing, and follow-up exams through survivorship
- Chemotherapy, targeted biotherapy or immunotherapy, as appropriate to your specific case
- Support for preventing and minimizing side effects such as fatigue, pain, dehydration and eating problems
- Access to the most current clinical trials
- Support from your nurses including assessments, lab results monitoring, and ongoing health education and communication
- Ongoing access to cancer care staff for emotional, financial and everyday support throughout your care
What to Expect from Infusion Treatments
Infusion treatments are cancer-fighting therapies delivered intravenously to target your specific cancer. What to expect at your infusion center:
- Private, comfortable spaces dedicated to best support your needs while you get these therapies.
- Trained oncology nurses who administer your therapies and are available throughout your stay.
- Room to bring a member of your support team with you. Feel free to bring electronics or other activities to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Sanford Health News
Air Force veteran and cancer survivor Steve Bulat appreciates the opportunity to mentor other cancer patients throughout their journeys.
New vaccine may treat not just a single cancer but multiple cancers.