Alerts and Announcements
Bemidji, MN and Bagley, MN Visitor Restrictions
Sanford Health in Bemidji and Bagley implement visitor restrictions beginning Feb. 11, until further notice.
Due to the sustained increase in respiratory illnesses and influenza across Minnesota, Sanford Bemidji Medical Center, Sanford Bagley Medical Center, Sanford Health WoodsEdge (Neilson Place, Trillium, WindSong) and Sanford Baker Park are implementing restricted visitor guidelines. Sanford is placing these guidelines in order to protect patients and employees from catching and spreading respiratory illnesses, including influenza.
Beginning Monday, Feb. 11, Sanford will place the following visitor guidelines, as long as visitors aren’t showing signs of respiratory illnesses.
Flu season guidelines are:
- Guidelines exclude banded support person at Sanford Bemidji Medical Center Women's and Children's units.
- Visitors are limited to clergy and immediate family members, including:
- Patient spouse or significant other
- Parent or grandparent
- Children (age 5 or older, must wear a mask while visiting)
- Only two visitors per patient at a time (age 5 or older, must wear a mask while visiting)
- Visitors who are ill (showing signs of respiratory illness or influenza, including fever or chills, muscle or body aches, sore throat, cough, stuffy nose, headache and fatigue) may not visit unless granted permission for compassionate reasons such as end-of-life care
These guidelines are effective until further notice.
Sanford would like to thank the public for their willingness to help avoid the spread of illnesses. These visitor guidelines begin Monday, Feb. 11, at Sanford locations mentioned above and will stay in place until further notice.