Requesting Your Medical Records
Moving? Need your child's immunization records for school? Your medical records are important for your continued health care. Request a copy of your record be sent to your physician if you move or transfer to another provider.
If you are requesting records from a Sanford Health location, please follow these instructions:
- If you are a My Sanford Chart user and are requesting records for yourself, you can request records through your My Sanford Chart account. Log in, go to the My Medical Record tab then click on Requested Records and follow the instructions.
- For all other requests, download and print the authorization form.
- Fill out the form as completely as you can.
- Please mail your authorization to the address below. Sorry, but at this time we do not accept email or online submissions. If you do not see the site you need records from listed below, please search for the Sanford location you need.
- There may be a charge for copies of your medical records. If there is, we will notify you before copies are made. Once we receive your payment, we will process your request.
Please note: Physicians within the Sanford Health system can see your medical records via our internal electronic medical records system. You do not need to request a transfer of records if you are seeing a doctor at another Sanford Health location.