Find the Latest Heart Care Here
Where do you turn for managing abnormal heart rhythms, heart disease, high blood pressure or heart failure? Turn to the experts at Sanford Health.
Your heart specialists are trained to care for a variety of conditions with the most advanced technologies and treatments. When treatment is needed, we offer minimally invasive options and open surgical options.
Our heart technology makes possible:
- Aortic stenosis treatment without open-heart surgery. TAVR heart valve replacement is a minimally invasive treatment option for severe aortic stenosis.
- Heart monitoring without batteries. The CardioMEMS HF system is the first and only FDA-approved heart failure monitoring device. It works with a tiny transmitter and needs no batteries.
- Heart valve treatment before heart failure. The MitraClip is minimally invasive catheter therapy for treatment of mitral regurgitation.
More information about each program is available below.
Types of Heart Treatment
We can help you with a variety of heart treatments. After treatment, see our heart rehabilitation team to improve your heart recovery even more.
Abnormal heart rhythm treatments
- Catheter ablation
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
Heart disease treatments
- Cardiac catheterization for arrhythmia
- Coronary angioplasty
- Balloon angioplasty
- Coronary artery stent (heart stent)
- Laser angioplasty
- Coronary artery bypass (CABG), or bypass surgery
- Intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP)
- Ventricular assist device (VAD)
Valve disease treatments
- Valvuloplasty (balloon valvotomy)
- Heart valve repair
- Valve replacement
Heart Treatment Locations
We provide heart care in and around Fargo, North Dakota; Bismarck, North Dakota; Sioux Falls, South Dakota; Aberdeen, South Dakota; and Bemidji, Minnesota. Contact the Sanford clinic or heart hospital near you for more information.
Sanford Health News
Classes & Events
Thu 05/23/19 8:30 AM - Thu 05/23/19 2:30 PM
Sanford Stevens Center
Thu 05/23/19 8:00 AM - Thu 05/23/19 12:00 PM
Sanford Worthington Medical Center