Meet Your Cancer Care Team Leader
A medical oncologist is your main health care provider when you have cancer. If you think of your cancer care providers as a team, your medical oncologist is the team captain.
Your medical oncologist specializes in treating cancer with medicine, including chemotherapy. This doctor works with oncologic surgeons, radiation oncologists, nurses and other specialists.
Here’s what you can expect from your Sanford Cancer team:
- Personalized diagnosis, treatment and care from detection to survivorship
- Answers to all of your questions
- Help through all the steps you need to take before, during and after treatment
- Communication of what tests you need and the results of those tests
- Guidance in making treatment decisions to help prepare you and your loved ones for what’s ahead
- Support for coping with the stresses of cancer
What to Expect from Infusion Treatments
Infusion treatments are cancer-fighting therapies delivered intravenously to target your specific cancer. What to expect at your infusion center:
- Private, comfortable spaces dedicated to best support your needs while you get these therapies.
- Trained oncology nurses who administer your therapies and are available throughout your stay.
- Room to bring a member of your support team with you. Feel free to bring electronics or other activities to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Sanford Health News
LPN gets blessings back after decades of encouraging patients and team
Sanford Health’s plans include research, new services, growth, hospice