An Awarded Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
Rebecca Lessard, NP, is a nurse practitioner specializing in pediatrics with a neonatal-prenatal medicine emphasis.
In conjunction with the neonatologists and other team members, Lessard is responsible for the day-to-day care management of critically ill neonates for the in-patient NICU.
The conditions that Lessard helps treat are:
- Apnea of prematurity
- Developmental Support
- Gastrointestinal Surgical Emergencies (NEC, TE fistula, diaphragmatic hernia, etc)
- Genetic and Metabolic Disorders
- Hematologic conditions (hydrops, erythroblastosis fetalis, hyperbilirubinemia, etc)
- NAS and Withdrawal Management
- Neonatal/Infant Chronic Care and Chronic Respiratory Support Management
- Neonatal Sepsis
- Neurological Conditions
- Nutrition and Feeding Support/Management
- Prematurity, 23 to 37 weeks gestation
- Perinatal Depression/Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Neonate
- Respiratory Distress/Failure
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Resuscitation and stabilization at birth
Lessard was also awarded the Guardian Angel Award in 2018 for her dedicated nursing work.
- Children's Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Ratings & Reviews
Real Experiences from Real Patients
You trust recommendations from real people. That's why we provide comments and star ratings from patients who answer our surveys after their visits to Sanford Health. Star ratings are based on a 0-100 point scale converted to 0-5 stars. Providers must have a minimum of 30 patient ratings to receive a formal rating.