A Nurse Practitioner for the NICU
Andrea Peterson is a neonatal nurse practitioner, certified lactation counselor and Neonatal Resuscitation Program instructor.
She works with neonatologists and other team members to manage day-to-day care of critically ill newborns in the inpatient neonatal intensive care unit. She specializes in resuscitation and stabilization at birth. She also provides prescriptions and medication management.
She treats conditions including:
- Apnea of prematurity
- Gastrointestinal surgical emergencies
- Genetic and metabolic disorders
- Hematologic conditions
- NAS and neonatal withdrawal
- Neonatal sepsis
- Neurological conditions
- Prematurity, 23 weeks-37 weeks gestation
- Perinatal depression
- Persistent pulmonary hypertension
- Respiratory distress/failure
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Children's Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Ratings & Reviews
Real Experiences from Real Patients
You trust recommendations from real people. That's why we provide comments and star ratings from patients who answer our surveys after their visits to Sanford Health. Star ratings are based on a 0-100 point scale converted to 0-5 stars. Providers must have a minimum of 30 patient ratings to receive a formal rating.